A federal judge ordered 12 of the 29 Michoacán state officials and mayors captured in last May’s dramatic sweep by federal police released for lack of evidence. The operation created huge tension between the government and PRD governor Leonel Godoy. Those released included Citlalli Fernández, Godoy’s former Secretary for Public Security. (Universal 1/31)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime