Attorney General Arturo Chávez Chávez filed suit with the Supreme Court to block Mexico City’s new law permitting same sex marriage and allowing gay couples to adopt. The suit claims that the Constitution defines a family as a father, mother, and children and protects the fundamental rights of procreation and descent. (Universal 1/26, 1/30)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime