Abel Silva Petriciolet, the head of the most vicious kidnap gang in Mexico City, was captured by the Federal Police. He is believed to be responsible for at least 22 kidnappings in the city, including the notorious kidnap-murders of the teenagers Fernando Marti and Antonio Equihua. The continuing investigation is also expected to shed light on the involvement of the Mexico City police with the gang. (Reforma 9/23)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime