The wedding of the daughter of Emilio Chuayffet, became a symbol for the PRI’s return to power. The former governor of Mexico State and Government Secretary under Ernesto Zedillo will be the leader of the PRI’s delegation in the next Chamber of Deputies. The witnesses of honor were Mexico state Governor Enrique Peña Nieto and former president Carlos Salinas de Gortari. Also prominent in the 700-guest event was party president Beatriz Paredes. (Reforma 7/13, Universal 7/11)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime