At a meeting of PRD leaders, party president Jesús Ortega retreated from his demand to expel AMLO for supporting candidates against the PRD, while reaffirming his belief that AMLO would never again be the party’s presidential candidate. The minutes of the meeting, read by Zacatecas governor Amalia García, said, “We believe that everyone is useful, and we will not stay on the route of throwing out or expelling anyone.” López Obrador, for his part, gave an interview that stopped characterizing the PRD and Ortega’s New Left faction as part of the ‘mafia’ that has kept him out of power. (Reforma 7/13)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime