A report by the security cabinet showed a ten fold increase in seizures of cash and arrests of drug gang members during the first 28 months of the Calderón government, as compared to the same period under Vicente Fox. The government has seized US$335 million in cash, compared to US$31 million under Fox. There have been 66,621 arrests of suspected drug gang members under Calderón, as compared to 35,678 under Fox. (Universal 6/14)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime