A meeting of the PRI governors and congressional leaders with party president Beatriz Paredes was a litany of demands that she be more combative against the PAN’s constant attacks. Paredes was quoted as saying, “My strategists tell me that it won’t be productive to enter into a direct confrontation with the PAN. The moment we do so, the voters will perceive a radicalization and not see us as a serene party that has proposals and experience in government.” Despite this, the PRI (using the pseudonym Anton Chigurh) produced its first YouTube video attacking Calderón for his handling of the flu outbreak. (Universal 5/23, Reforma 5/25)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime