The Senate passed the much delayed asset forfeiture law 87-0; the measure now goes to the Chamber. The PAN’s attacks on the PRI for its delays in supporting the law have been one of the major elements in the recent political dynamic. Even as his delegation voted in favor, PRI secretary general Jesús Murillo Karam denounced Germán Martínez, the PAN party leader, as having “the mentality of a despot” and abusing the legislative process for partisan ends. (Reforma 4/2)
- Pemex board reportedly opens corruption investigations
- Pemex puts Odebrecht contracts under seal until 2020
- Is Peña Nieto losing control of the succession?
- February sets new record for homicides
- Two attorney generals meet
- Poll shows strong public support for using Army and Marines to fight organized crime